- Welcome to the St James's Parents and Friends Association (PFA) page. Every parent or guardian of a child attending St James's Primary School is automatically a member of our PFA, led by a committee who plan fundraising initiatives and events.
- St James's PFA plays a critical role in supporting the quality of education for our children by fundraising for supplies and equipment whilst also bringing together the community of the school.
- Our PFA Committee along with individual class reps organise events but its our members who determine how successful our fundraising initiative are. Every event relies on parents, grandparents, guardians and other carers or family members to take volunteering roles.
Our PTA committee along with individual class reps organise events but its our members who determine how successful our fundraising initiative are. Every event relies on parents, grandparents, guardians and other carers or family member's to take volunteering roles.
Our current PFA Committee is:
Chair - Nicola Cameron & Laura Roe
Treasurer - Louise Nutbrown
Secretary - Melanie O'Riordan
Events - Shinead Davis and Aoife Bembridge
- Past fundraising successes include the purchase of new playground equipment, lunch tables, stations of the cross and the building of the Pilgrim Hall. We also provide all children making their First Holy Communion with a commemorative gift and part fund the year 6 leavers activities.
- The PFA also organise Donate for Digital Lottery , a lottery whereby the money raised goes specifically to supporting the IT equipment. To date, the Lottery has enabled the school to install new WIFI infrastructure and IPads in all classrooms.
- To donate please click on the Donate for Digital Lottery link above or on the link below.
What are we currently fundraising to support?
- The PFA Fundraising will support transforming a garden area on the year 1 playground into an Outdoor Classroom with the IT functionality of an indoor classroom for an enhanced stimulating experience for ALL children to use & benefit from. The money raised by the PFA will be to kit out the Outdoor classroom to a high standard for opening hopefully in the summer term of 2021!
If you would like to support your child’s education by being more involved in our PFA, whether its offering time or skills, fundraising ideas, providing connections or resources to help us manage our PFA more effectively, your help however big or small makes such a difference, please get in touch at:
To make a donation or purchase tickets for our events, please visit